“A CALL TO ACTION” PROGRAMMING 2012-2013
* Abstinence For Marriage and Human Growth & Development Curricula for grades 5-12. This programming is available, through the Waupaca Center, for all of the Christian, public, and home schools in Waupaca County and it’s surrounding areas. (Approx. 15 additional volunteers are needed to be instructors for this coming school year.)
* “Teen Mother Choices.” We will be using this organization as a template to build a strong mentoring program for the young clients we serve; mainly our single and new moms. Clients will be paired with a mature Christian advocate who will build an unconditional, supportive relationship with them. This program will include weekly bible study and life skills workshops in a group setting at the Center. Workshops will also include free childcare and a family style meal. (Approx. 3 more volunteer advocates are needed for this program as well as individuals or church groups who are willing to coordinate and prepare a family style meal each week on a rotating schedule.)
* “Candid Talk” Community Workshops. This two night workshop (2 Thursdays in a row) are designed to educate parents, teachers, pastors, youth leaders, and youth about the risky sexual behaviors our families are facing in Waupaca County and in our modern day society. It is our experience that when people are equipped with the information, they are more likely to be a guiding compass for the vulnerable. Come with your questions, your insecurities, and your experiences! We will have lots of great resources available from “How to Talk to Your Kids about Sex,” devotionals and bible studies for youth & parents, to local statistics about risky sexual behaviors. Check our website for dates and times. (www.wpic.info)
First classes will be October 25th and November 1st at the Washington Center in NL & November 8th and 15th at our Waupaca PIC. Workshops begin at 7pm, light refreshments and materials provided!
*Dad's Parenting Sessions: We currently have 2 male advocate who meets with our 3 male clients every week.
There is a strong need to teach and support our young dads!They discuss topics like, "Bringing Up Boys" by James Dobson, "The Men's Fraternity," Child-birth and much more!
* "Earn While You Learn". These weekly sessions not only help families to earn necessary, practical items like diapers, wipes, formula, and clothing, but also teaches life skills and accountability. With over 100 session topics to choose from, clients are sure to find many they find interesting and relevant to their unique situations.
- This information is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.